Thursday, May 19, 2011

Graduation Day.

I read this little devotional this morning, and thought THIS IS SOOO ME! So I'm going to share it with you although I don't graduate for a couple more weeks.


I am the 1979 graduation class of Blessed Hope Baptist School of Jasonville, Indiana. Yep, I am it! Our Christian school was founded the year before I graduated; so being a new school, there were not many who enrolled as Juniors or Seniors. So, as the only Senior that year, I was my graduating class-which was pretty cool. I may be the only person in the world who was both
valedictorian and salutatorian. I was also voted by my class as "best looking," "most athletic," and "most likely to succeed!"

It was a short ceremony. They only needed to play 17 notes of "Pomp and Circumstance" to get me down the aisle and on the stage. It was an honour to be selected to deliver the Senior speech, and I moved myself to tears as I challenged myself to be all that I could be. Afterwards, I signed my own autograph book! The good news? I got ALL the graduation cards that day. CHA-CHING!!!

To all Seniors who are graduating this month, let me say, "Congratulations!" Whether you are
from a class of one or one thousand, let me challenge you to go forward in the will of God. This is not the time to "feel your oats" but to feel the presence of God leading you in this very critical
hour of your life! The greatest years of your life are ahead of you. Make them count for Christ!


Congratulations to the Class of 2011!!





















Here is a copy of the announcements I sent out. Colleen and I had a lot of fun designing them :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! Please make sure that there is no language or inappropriate comments! Thanks :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers