Monday, December 3, 2012

More Blessed To Give Than to Receive

It is more blessed to give than to receive
I've been looking at this verse in a new light.  I guess you could almost say it's my own interpretation, but that doesn't seem right, so... :P
But I've been thinking about just giving my life over to God.  I've been fighting myself, I was afraid to give over because I was afraid that I wouldn't get what I wanted... I thought my plans were the best for my life.  What I didn't realize was that my plans weren't going to work.  Even if my plans are the same as His, if I tried the plans my way, they wouldn't work.  No matter how close to God's plans mine were, I had to give my life over to him and let Him work it out.  And if God's plan weren't the same as mine they could only be better.
I realized that "it is more blessed to give than to receive." I can only be blessed if I give my life over to God than to receive the things that I want.
As I was realizing that, Christian S preached in church last night, and he preached on the woman that touched the hem of Christ's garment for healing.  As he was preaching I started wondering a little bit about her life after she was healed.  She had spent the previous twelve years spending away her life trying to find 'the cure'.  When she finally came to Christ, she was broke.  Absolutely broke.  She had nothing! And, of course, Christian touched on that subject as his final point.  Picture the woman going home after she's been healed and walking in to an absolutely empty house, if she even had a house at all.  I can imagine her saying to herself, "Lord, why didn't you heal me any sooner" and hearing a small voice whisper in response "who's fault is that".  If she had turned to Christ sooner she would still have her possessions.  I applied that to my own life... I need to give my life over to God.  And the longer I wait, the higher the price I have to pay.
Taking those two thoughts I twisted them together and realized that I will be blessed, I won't have to 'pay the price', but only after I give my life over to God.  I won't receive what I wanted, but I know that it will only be better.

3 comments:

  1. That is SO GOOD!!! Great thought Sarah. I have found, in my own life, that whenever I give something over to God, He has a way of working it out far better than my original plans were anyway!! Even if he takes a far different route to get there than I would have wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Never thought of it that way. Very good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! Please make sure that there is no language or inappropriate comments! Thanks :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers