Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Value Your Heritage

Jesse and I sang this song last Sunday in honor of the fourth. I had never heard it before she showed it to me and I really liked it. 

Faith of our fathers, holy faith. We will be true to thee. 

Value your heritage, of days gone by. Hold fast the memory of pure and holy lives. Who held the bloodstained banner, of Jesus Christ, God's son. The truth has been preserved for us through victories they have won. 

Value your heritage, hold doctrine dear. Brave ones who died in faith to keep our message clear. Burned forsaken martyrs, saints who've paid the price. Procure for us the word of God, a willing sacrifice. Whose faith and wisdom follow, stand firm and boldly be the future of tomorrow, a heritage to see. 

I pledge allegiance to the flag if the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands: one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all. 

Value our heritage, in God we trust. Forefathers signed their names- securing life for us. To live and breathe in freedom, they fought for liberty. And took a stand, each boy and man, I make our country free. 

My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died. Land of the pilgrim's pride. From every mountain side...

Cast of the works of darkness, shine forth a life laid down. Our cause demands we give our all, to gain a heavenly crown. Our cause demands we give our all, to gain a heavenly crown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! Please make sure that there is no language or inappropriate comments! Thanks :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers