Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Bible... The KING JAMES Bible

I've been studying and rereading my old notes from when I took a Bibliology class in college.  Although I'm still far from being ready to make a full post on it, I did want to share these few points quickly :) 

Miraculous Nature of Scripture


  1. Unity – Luke 24:44: “And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.” (The Bible repeats itself over and over again, the same stories from different writers... prophecies that were given in the Old Testament and manifested in the New.) 
  2. Formation – 1,500 years; Three languages
  3. Duration (It has been read and used for many centuries) 
  4. Sale – Most popular book ever written
  5. Interest – Transcends culture (applies to anyone, not just a certain time period or culture.  World wide interest) 
  6. Language 
  7. Perseverance – Withstood persecution  


    The Anvil of God's Word

    Last eve I passed beside a blacksmith’s door
    And heard the anvil sing the vesper chime;
    Then, looking in, I saw upon the floor
    Old hammers, worn with blasting years of time.

    “How many anvils have you had,” said I,
    “To wear and batter all these hammers so?”
    “Just one,” said he and then, with twinkling eye,
    “The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.”

    And so I thought, the anvil of God’s Word
    For ages, skeptic blows have beat upon.
    Yet tho’ the noise of falling blows was heard
    The anvil is unharmed—the hammers gone.
    ~John Clifford


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! Please make sure that there is no language or inappropriate comments! Thanks :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers